Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the best reds


Call it a lipstick kick if you will, but I'm really into red lips lately. BRIGHT stop sign red. Unfortunately, the right red is really hard to find - especially for me, since I have lips that turn everything hot pink.

Even if you don't share my fair-medium, freckled complexion, these shades might work for you as well, since they're neutral, true reds, meaning they're neither too warm (orange-y) or too cool (blue-ish). Here are my top three, so you don't have to scour Sephora with 30 shades of red on your hands like I did:

1. NARS Red Lizard
2. Laura Mercier Truly Red
3. YSL Rouge Pur Opium Red 131 (can't bring myself to spend $35 on this, but I still love)

Another benefit of getting a true red is that it'll make your teeth look REALLY white. See how nice Katy's color is? (ignore the crazy long lashes, which I don't love with the lips...but that's crazy Katy for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment