Thursday, August 27, 2009

a brand i adore

Sure, I spend quite a lot of time at Sephora, but sometimes I can't help browse the aisles of Target for my fix of Soap & Glory. Ever hear of it? Many of you Target enthusiasts might have - it's best known for its cute pink packaging and quirky, cool names, like "Clean On Me" and "Return To Slender" (brilliant). Not only do the play on words give me a good giggle, but the products themselves are GREAT. Come to think of it, I've never met a S&G product I didn't like. I should also mention that one of my most memorable events as a beauty editor was for a Soap & Glory launch where I got to meet Marcia Kilgore, the brains behind the brand (Marcia also started Bliss!). She was so sweet, and talked about the inspiration for naming the products, as well as why packaging is as important as the results the product delivers.

And now, for a few of my personal favorites from the line:

1. Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss: A VERY slight tingle lets you know it's plumping, and the sublte peachy/pink shade leaves lips looking juicy. And with a name like that, how could you not love it?

2. Slimwear Body Cream: Did this eliminate cellulite? I freakin' wish! I could, however, see a major difference in the smoothness of my skin after slathering this on my arms and legs. I also love the minty, cool feeling it leaves behind. I swear by this in the summertime because it's so refreshing.

3. Easy Glistening Body Spray: Oh my GOD, I love this spray. Smells clean and yummy (like cocoa butter mixed with a slight fruity smell) and leaves my limbs all glowy and sexy-looking. Another plus is that it gives a subtle sheen without making you look sweaty or like a greased pig.

Next time you're in good ol' Tar-jay, pick some of this stuff up. You'll like!

No comments:

Post a Comment