Tuesday, August 25, 2009

how to not look dead tired

No matter how much shut-eye I get, I always look exhausted, thanks to my dark circles (damn genetics!) and attractive fine lines that are starting to form. This is why I've become quite the master of making myself look alive and rested with makeup. With a little dab here, a sweep there, you'll be bright eyed in minutes:

1. Moisture is KEY: Hydration is so important, because it makes your makeup go on nice and smoothly. I love Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum. It might just be an optical illusion (no pun intended) but I swear my dark circles are getting lighter by using this stuff.

2. Invest in your concealer: It's a recession, we're all broke - I know. But concealer is super important, and the great ones tend to be high-end. You need a peach or yellow based (not pink) shade, and it's gotta be thick but not too creamy, otherwise it'll come off. Make Up For Ever concealer is my fav because it's matte and stays on, uh, forever.

3. Pick shadow wisely: With eye makeup, less is actually more when trying to look awake. Brush a shimmery taupe eyeshadow on your entire lid, then highlight the inner corners with a very shimmery peach shade - NARS Bohemian Gold is gorge for this. Dip a Q-tip into the shimmery peach color and swipe along your lower lash line. Skip eyeliner, curl your lashes, and apply two coats of mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment