Friday, August 28, 2009

rando hair tip of the day

Last weekend, I was doing some errands when I strolled into Delacqua Salon in Brooklyn - a hair salon that also carries an amazing stock of high-end hair products (I also get my Essie and OPI nail polishes here) to pick up a new deep conditioning treatment for my newly colored strands. I chatted up a looong convo with the salon owner, Alex, about hair, coloring, damage - things I'm no stranger to, and he gave me this great tip: don't rinse conditioner completely like you would your shampoo. Instead, let the water run over your hair for a few seconds - leaving some "slip" in your hair will give it weight, preventing frizz and adding extra moisture. I've done this for the past week, and I must say that my hair is softer and not as fro-y as before.

If you're wondering which treatment I got that day, it was my beloved Kerastase Masquintense (for thick hair). Love, love, love...

No comments:

Post a Comment