Friday, August 28, 2009

Clinique's new vitamin C lip smoothies

After months of seeing ads for Clinique's newest addition - Vitamin C Lip Smoothies - I finally got to try them out yesterday. I love the concept of a "lip smoothie" since it evokes a feeling of sweet, juicy, healthy nourishment for your lips. Standing in front of the display of colors (there are 8 shades), I didn't know which to pick first. I decided that all of them looked really similar in their pinkish plum glory, so I decided to go with the lightest of the bunch, "Pink Me Up". Not a success - it looked like I had been either making out with the Pink Panther or was considering a new career in the adult film industry. Very frosty, very pink, just... no.

Next - Fig-A-Licious. Should be called Fig-a-Luscious because that's exactly how my lips looked after applying. I adored the color - it was like a slightly amplified version of my natural lip color and I could swear it made my lips look bigger (although the product doesn't claim to have plumping properties - maybe I was delusional).

What I don't like about this product is the click-pen packaging. Those things are so deceiving. You never know how much product you've got left, and I personally always end up overclicking too much product out, so it goes to waste. If that doesn't irk you, these are worth a try - pretty shades, and they last a pretty long time for a gloss, thanks to the thick texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment