Wednesday, June 24, 2009

got circles? try this


I've never had really problem skin (as in, no major acne) but I typically like to cover up certain things here and there. Case in point - my ridiculously dark, annoying, stubborn under-eye circles. Quite frankly, circles suck. Puffiness, though, is easily cured by a good night's sleep, ample hydration, and eating a low-salt diet.

When I found out that under-eye circles are hereditary, my reaction was twofold. I felt relieved to know that whole "sleep for 12 hours" myth would get rid of them (I'm plagued by insomnia at least 3 nights per week), but I was mad that nothing I could do would make them go away for good.

And that's where a REALLY amazing concealer comes in. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer is by far the most life-changing thing to grace my makeup stash. It erases every tinge of darkness under the eyes, is oil-free, and doesn't come off by the end of the day - even in the heat and humidity of a NYC summer. I like to think that if I had to invent an under-eye concealer, this would be it.

When I went to pick up my shade (#10) at Sephora, I noticed that it was sold out - along with many other shades, too. A sales rep told me that it's slowly being phased out to make way for the line's new HD concealers, and that I could pick it up at the Make Up For Ever store (they have everything!). I'm excited to try the new ones, but only if they're on par with the old.

This is a must-try, ladies. It's like the concealer gods have finally answered my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment