Wednesday, June 24, 2009

wedding makeup

In approximately 1 year and 11 months, I will be facing the most important decision of my life (and taking the most important pictures, to boot) - how to wear my makeup for my wedding.
Only days after he popped the question did I start thinking (and worrying) about the look I wanted on my wedding day. I can honestly say I've NEVER thought about it before (why should I? That would be weird.) I might not know exactly what I want yet, but I do know what I do NOT want. Here we go:

1. Pink eye shadow

2. Overly bronzed skin

3. Ultra-glossy lips

4. Too-dewy skin (doesn't translate well in pics)

5. To look like wedding day Barbie

I always believed you should look like the prettiest version of yourself on your wedding day. I want to look at my pictures 10, 15, 40 years from now and recognize myself - without having to look past layers of makeup and huge false lashes. Besides, I think the family would much more appreciate me looking like a sweet, beautiful, glowing princess than Jill, the Bridal Drag Queen.

Anyway, I found this pic of Leighton Meester. I like this look. It's pretty, girly, not too made-up, but not "I just rolled out of bed". This could work for my W-day. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment