Wednesday, June 10, 2009

what would your career in beauty be?

Hair stylist, colorist to the stars, aesthetician, perfumer...these are all very cool jobs in the beauty industry. I often thought long and hard about what beauty career I would take on if I could, and I've always had the same wish: to be a celebrity makeup artist.

Back in junior high I got a hold of my mom's makeup stash and went to town on my face. Pencils, mascara, lipsticks and glosses - you name it, I used it. Unfortunately, I decided to be experimental on 8th-grade picture day and the results were clownish. Black smudgy eyeliner, red glossy lips, rosy cheeks and...shiver...undone brows. Sure, I looked like hell, but I remember how fun it was to transform from bare-faced to all done up. Over the years, I was able to master the perfect smoky eye and how to do my own brows, and when I got to college, I was known as the dorm makeup artist. If the girls planned a night out, they'd rely on me to do their faces. It's like my brushes were my little magic wands, and in my hands I held the secret to their hotness.
Not only was that a rush, but collecting makeup was another (expensive) hobby I developed. I wanted my stash to look like a makeup artists' trunk and by senior year, it did.

So, there you have my beauty profession obsession. I once knew a girl who wanted to be a manicurist but with that comes pedicures, too. I don't think I have the stomach for that.

What would be your pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment