Thursday, June 11, 2009

sexy summer skin from a bottle


If there’s one thing that screams summer beauty to me, it’s suntanned, glowing, sunscreen-scented skin. The tan part is easy (a little self-tanner here, a little there, and I’m good to go), but the glowing, sunscreen-scented part? Not really.

Now, since I’m not a big fan of slathering Coppertone on my entire body every single day, I had to scout another beauty product that would provide that beachy scent when I wasn’t, um, actually at the beach. And that’s where NARS Monoi Body Glow II comes in. I’m already a big fan of NARS’ original Body Glow, but I hated the way the bronze color rubbed off on my light-colored clothing. Monoi Body Glow II is clear and contains real Monoi de Tahiti oil to impart a healthy-looking, non-greasy (YES!) sheen to the skin while lightly scenting it with Tahitian gardenia and coconut extract. Even the BOTTLE looks all vacation-y.
Word to the wise: apply a very light layer to exposed areas only. Don’t use this as a full-body moisturizer because you’ll go through it in a week and the stuff ain’t cheap (it's $60). Stick to a non-scented body lotion on areas you can’t see, and go crazy with the oil on exposed arms, legs, shoulders, and décolleté.

No comments:

Post a Comment