Tuesday, June 2, 2009

perfect skin in a tube


As I write this, I'm sitting here with a green, hardening film over my face. Yup, it's mask night. I love a good mask (the right one can make you look like you just got a $200 facial) but then there are those that just make you wish you could get back those 10 minutes of your life you spent in hiding covered in gunk. 

The one I'm wearing now is by far my most favorite mask of all time. Yes, Fresh Umbrian Clay Face Treatment wins the award for the most skin-changing of all face treatments I've tried, and I've used quite a few. I'll start off my saying that I don't really have problem skin...I don't detest it. But sometimes, I get angry with it (don't we all?). My T-zone insists on getting oily mid-day. I always had those little black dots on my nose. I had some rather large pores scattered around my face. Are you getting the pretty picture yet? My dear Fresh mask corrects all of that, but without drying out my skin like other masks tend to do. The details: the product isn't cheap, but I've decided it's worth shelling out the money for my face since everyone has to look at it ALL the time. It's a thick, grayish-green clay that you apply to damp skin and let dry for about 10 minutes (I'm on minute 8 now, and the tightening of the mask is making it hurt to smile. Making progress!). When you rinse, you're left with less visible, much cleaner pores. It's kind of like a vacuum for your skin - it sucks everything out and leaves it smooth and clean. 

Also, since I'm a girl that likes proof of this sucking-up-dirt-and-oil action, it's great that you can actually SEE little spots of oil as the mask is drying. What can I say, I like instant gratification (although, I'll admit it's not NEARLY as fascinating as holding a used Biore pore strip up to a lamp. Gross yet very awesome.)

It's summer - 'tis the season to remove nasty stuff from pores!

No comments:

Post a Comment