Tuesday, May 12, 2009

beauty junkies: how do you store your makeup?

So, I have this 4-foot tower of plastic drawers and compartments that I keep my makeup in - I call it The Tower of Beauty. In the past, The Tower has served me well, keeping my glosses separated from my shadows separated from my brushes. But today, it failed me. I made the mistake of overstuffing the top drawers and opening them, which led to the complete and utter DESTRUCTION of The Tower. When you're getting ready for work and your face is half "done", the last thing you want is hundreds of beauty products at your feet. My makeup is now sitting on my bedroom floor, homeless.

During my morning commute, I was thinking of a new storage strategy for my beauty goods. I realized that a new Tower probably won't cut it. After all, my stash only grows by the week. Do I designate one-fourth of my living room to my makeup? Do I unplug my fridge and store it all in there? Surely, there's got to be a way to organize my crap that doesn't involve buying a huge trunk and throwing it all in. Maybe I just need to stop buying makeup. HAHA. No.

This is where my plea for help comes in: does anyone out there with an insane amount of cosmetics have a brilliant suggestion for me? Maybe I'll write a letter to Sephora, begging them to make version of their train case that's 10x bigger than the original.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! So I totally recommend the clear shoe storage drawers from The Container Store. They click into each other and stack on top of each other, AND you can buy dividers to make little compartments. The men's shoe boxes are bigger than the women's--I store all my makeup and nail polishes in the women's ones. They're fantastic and sturdy and kind of pretty!

    ReplyDelete