Thursday, May 28, 2009

my favorite lotions


I'll admit, I can be very lazy when it comes to applying lotion. When I get out of the shower, all I want to do is get dressed and go about my business. But lotion is really a wonderful thing, especially in the summer months - it moisturizes, gives skin a glow, makes self-tanner last longer (always a plus in my book), and leaves a lingering yet subtle scent that lasts all day. Although I don't religiously apply the stuff, I always feel more pampered and my skin looks 100x better when I do.


Since there are 40 kajillion lotions out there, how do you know which to choose? Lotion is a very personal preference - you have to consider consistency, fragrance, level of moisturization, etc. to find the perfect one. Hopefully, this list will guide you to a new fave:


1. Fresh Sugar Lychee Body Lotion ($28): I first tried this stuff at a Hollywood hotel and felt like I really was giving my skin the star treatment when I slathered it on. It's thick (you only need a little bit on each limb) but non-greasy, and it's the perfect scent for someone who wants to smell deliciously sweet but not like vanilla frosting (since I like to EAT cake, not smell like it). Pricey, yes, but it's like heaven for your skin.


2. Jergens Original Scent Cherry-Almond Moisturizer ($6): When I use this, I feel like I'm back in 1989 in my grandparents' Jersey Shore house. It was the only lotion they had, so I had no choice but to use it. Now? It sits among 30 other lotions in my house and I keep going back to it for it's sweet, nutty, notalgic scent. It's a medium-weight lotion, non-greasy, and the huge bottle lasts forever. One of my all-time drugstore faves.


3. Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil ($7): How I heart Aveeno. This is a brand that realizes girls with sensitive skin want to smell like something (fragrance-free bores me). This clean, fresh-smelling lotion feels so lightweight on the skin, making it a summer staple. Another plus is that it gives the same moisture-locking benefits of a body oil but in a lotion form. When I use for a week, I notice that my skin is in better condition than before. Miraculous.


4. Korres Body Milk ($15): Both scents of this lotion that I've tried seem to have disappeared off of Planet Earth (Coriander and Mint Tea), but that's alright. Why? Because every single Korres product I've tried has really wowed me and I'm sure their other scents are just as lovely. This is the lightest weight lotion I've ever tried, which makes it ideal for really hot summer days when you want the BARE minimum on your skin. It actually sinks into the skin rather than laying on top of it, but it manages to moisturize as well as a heavier formula. Next on my to-buy list is the Fig scent.

Anyone with me on any of these? What are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. St. Ives' Whipped Silk. Though, I can't find it anywhere in NYC. But the formula is not greasy, or too thick, and absorbs so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Fantastic preparation for an extreme problematic skin, with dehydration, and a disturbed barrier function, showing sensitivity and redness. In addition, this cream can be used on a normal skin.More various body butter visit: www.vegantreeowl.com.au

    ReplyDelete