Wednesday, May 13, 2009

best.bronzer.ever.


Bronzers can be cruel sometimes. Some are too shimmery, too dark, too light, too "muddy" looking, and so on. I had just about given up hope on finding the perfect powder to give me that just-right tan color when I tried this one by Too Faced. Chocolate Soleil is, by far, the best bronzer that has ever crossed my pale cheeks. For starters, it smells like chocolate because it has real cocoa powder in it. I know you're probably sitting there thinking, why on EARTH would I want my face to smell like chocolate? Well, I thought the same thing when I was introduced to this at a Too Faced event last year. BUT, you only get that cocoa whiff when you apply it and maybe for about a minute after it's on your face. Kind of made me feel like I was brushing Swiss Miss hot cocoa powder on my face, but I love that stuff so it worked out.

Now, on to the color. This is a great bronzer for fair to medium skintones because you can apply a little bit to get a teeny tiny bit darker (great for getting rid of that pasty, ghost-like shade) or you can apply a few layers to get a deeper color that matches the rest of your faux-tanned body. Walking around with a pale face and sunkissed limbs is kind of scary. I'm all for pale, but if you're gonna go white, go white all over. Another thing to love about Chocolate Soleil: it's completely, totally, utterly MATTE. Thank the lord for creating a matte bronzer that isn't the color of quicksand, because I was so over those. Dare I say it, this stuff actually makes me look like I was tanned by the real sun. No shimmer, no glitter, no orange color whatsoever.

There you have it - my glowing review of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil - the bronzer for those who hate bronzers and love chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment