Thursday, September 10, 2009

ANTM "ty-overs"

A new season of America's Next Top Model is upon us, and this time around, I'm SO excited because Tyra has chosen girls under 5'7 to compete. I don't know why she kept calling the ladies "petite" during last night's 2 hour season premiere, because the last time I checked, 5'6 is not petite.

Anyway, I was beyond ecstatic that that the fierce Miss Tyra decided to do makeovers in the very first episode. Makeovers, or "Ty-Overs" as they were called, are the absolute highlight of the entire ANTM season. This time around, I was shocked that there weren't more tears of despair shed - the only drama I spotted was the whole Bianca and the bleached eyebrows thing. Sweet pea, you have not one strand of hair on your head, and you're complaining about the shock factor of bleached brows? Come on now.

Then, we have Erin. Sweet little Erin who had beautiful golden brown hair - that is, until Sally Hershberger's team got their hands on her and bleached her hair until it couldn't be bleached no more. I suppose they were so pleased with the results that they gave Rae the same white-blonde treatment. I love the whole platinum look, but could never ever pull it off. My face would probably look green and I'd be in the salon every 4 days touching up my roots.

Other notable changes: Sundai's (I love her name, it reminds me of ice cream) weave went bye-bye, and she got a cute little Rihanna bob. Lulu went from hairless to weavetastic with her new blunt bangs and long, straight hair. Some of the underwhelming changes of the evening involved Nicole, Kara and Lisa. Boooring.

Sidenote: I'm so bummed that Jesus girl, Amber, went home early. Although I firmly believe she was deliberately planted in the premiere by producers, I would have liked to see her stick around for a few more shows because the girl was a loony bird.

Discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment