Tuesday, September 15, 2009

the Latisse phenomenon

Funny story – this month, three different people (one of whom is my new dermatologist) asked me if I used Latisse. Latisse, as you probably know from seeing ads EVERYWHERE, is the prescription product that you brush onto sparse lashes to make them grow thicker, longer, and darker. Although I was flattered that people think my lashes were Rx-enhanced, they are not. My lashes are au naturel.

I don’t consider myself genetically blessed in very many aspects, but I managed to inherit very long lashes from some random member of my family. It’s not my mom, and it sure isn’t my dad, who I’m pretty sure doesn’t even have eyelashes. I kid, I kid – I’m sure he does, but they aren’t very visible. I love my long lashes, but I have to say they can be a nuisance at times. I know all you short-lashed folks would kill me for complaining, but hear me out. It’s hard to find a mascara that doesn’t make them look fake and TOO long. I’m all for dramatic eyes on a Saturday night, but for work, I’d prefer not to look like I’m wearing falsies. For example, Maybelline Lash Stiletto was a disaster on me (as was Fiberwig). My lashes were so long they were curving upward onto my brow bone!

To avoid that, I tend to gravitate toward thickening mascaras to give the illusion of volume rather than length. On my lashes now is Lancome Hypnose Drama, which has a cool S-shaped curved wand and coats my lashes without leaving clumps (I loathe clumpy mascara). An amazing pick if you’re long-but-thin-lashed like myself.

The beauty experimentalist in me would love to try Latisse for its thickening properties, but I probably shouldn't. I'd hate to have to end up trimming my lashes because, as you know, beauty experimentalists do crazy things like that as well.

5 comments:

  1. I use 2 products from Revitalash that I would highly recommend. One is their lash conditioner (not everyone is blessed with long, thick eyelashes) and the other (if you already have gorgeous lashes) is their mascara. It's awesome! I bought the 2 together on drugstore.com and have had great results. I hear the company has recently launched a hair growth product for the head, called "Hair". Has anyone tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really fantasize to have a long curly lashes since mine is short and thin, my friend told me about Revitalash because she is using it to her lashes and I can see the changes and now I don’t have regrets my lashes are long thick and curly.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah exactly! Revitalash is amazing. I am using it as well for about 8 months now. The price fits my budget and it really enhanced my lashes naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woaah! many of us here are really experiencing how amazing revitalash is. Well to share, I am so thankful to this revitalash eyelash conditioner. It really made my brittle and short lashes naturally looking fuller, darker and healthier. Great Product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies is vainer than a man that’s why we are conscious on are looks especially to our face. We wanted to always look fresh and pretty and one way to be pretty is to have a beautiful eyes. Lashes can enhance are eyes better if we have long thick lashes. Revitalash was created for those who don’t have those assets; it can make your lash long thick and fuller. Try it so you can determine if its true.

    ReplyDelete