Tuesday, September 1, 2009

terms of endearment

On my daily visit to BellaSugar yesterday, I came across an interesting post about being called cute, pretty, beautiful, or hot. Most of us have been called at least one of these at some point in our lives, but one of the four is probably used more than the others. I tend to hear "cute" a lot (due to my round-ish face and freckles) and I used to HATE it. Care Bears are cute. Yorkies are cute. I worked way too hard on my beauty routine to be called "cute".

But then, I realized that cute probably isn't a bad thing, especially when one gets older. I'm also in good company - think of all the so-called cute celebrities out there: Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel and little Lindsay Lohan circa the Mean Girls era. See? It's cute to be called cute.

I have to admit that "hot" isn't on my wishlist. In fact, I HATE hot. Hot is what you're called by construction workers when you're teetering down the street in high heels. Hot makes me feel...trashy.

But pretty or beautiful? More of that, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment