Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Leighton's Emmy makeup


You either loved it or hated it: Leighton Meester's Emmy makeup. Personally, I thought LM looked like Snow White and really pulled off the whole dramatic eyes, sculpted cheeks, and bold lips thing. Not an easy feat, considering the temp on the red carpet was in the upper 90s. My face would have undoubtedly melted onto my dress.


But alas, it is nowhere NEAR 90 in NYC and so I'm inspired to try this. Personally, I'll be trying this with more of a bare cheek (shiny apples would look horrid on me), so I've improvised below.

Eyes:

Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Earth Reflection (a neutral palette of smoky browns, plus a pink and a gold highlighter shade)

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in Burgandy 18L and Matte Black 0L

Lancome Hypnose Mascara in black

Cheeks:

Benefit Georgia on cheekbones only (this tends to be more of a peachy highlight for me, since it's a very light shade and I'm fair-medium skinned)

Lips:


Sally Hansen Natural Beauty (Inspired by Carmindy) Color Comfort Lip Color in Sangria
OR
MAC Dubonnet, Red Pepper, or Fresh Moroccan
I'm telepathically channeling my makeup stash for these shades, but I'm sure I have lots more that'll work. The key here is not going too light or too pink. Leighton's wearing more of a wine shade, so if in doubt, go darker and vampy-er - you can always blot.

No comments:

Post a Comment