Friday, February 6, 2009

all-day makeup

As I was getting ready this morning, Good Morning America ran a segment called Beauty Behavior Lab about long-lasting makeup. The tester, GMA's Taryn Winter Brill, put on an entire face of makeup that claimed to last 16 hours. It was like the soup to nuts of makeup - she started with foundation and concealer and finished with eye shadow, liner, and mascara (her total look cost $88). Her mission? To find out if the makeup lived up to its claims. To my surprise, it did! As she made her way through snow and rain (the WORST days for makeup, by the way. It's like you walk out of your house and you get a face washing in 2 seconds), the makeup stayed put, didn't get runny, and looked pretty fresh by the end of the day.

I found all of this very intriguing because I haven't been wearing much makeup lately (mascara and a dab of Benefit Benetint on the apples of my cheeks), due to the wet, cold NYC weather. My eyes tear when it's cold out so my liner is messed up before I even get to work. Not a pretty sight.

I broke out my never-been-used stash of long-wear makeup, put it on, and prayed it stays the day:

1. Cover Girl Outlast Smoothwear All-Day Eyeliner in Espresso
2. Clinique Work Out Makeup All Day Wear
3. Revlon Colorstay Overtime Sheer Lipcolor in Sheer Petal
4. Maybelline Expert Wear Bronzer in Sun Light
5. MAC Pro Lash Mascara (MAC says this is hard-wearing and non-smudging. We'll see!)

I'm going on two and a half hours so far, and it seems as though my lips have faded a bit through breakfast. The rest looks GREAT - but then again it is still pretty early in the day. I'll be back at 10pm for the final update :)

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment