Thursday, February 12, 2009

purple polish


I'll never forget my first bottle of nail polish. It was a creamy lavender made by Hard Candy and I was so excited about it because it came with a ring. I bought it because I read that Alicia Silverstone wore it and she was, at the time, my idol (Clueless = love). It was the only nail polish I ever used until the bottle was empty.


Anyway, purple nail polish has come a long way since then. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know dark nails are everywhere. First we spotted jet black on celebrity fingertips, then we saw the rise of almost-black colors then came navy blue for about 10 seconds. For Spring 09, Chanel has created this GORGEOUS dark plum called Vendetta that has a slight sheen to it in the sunlight. I personally can't wait to try it because I'm getting sick of my rotation of the same 3 nail polishes (Essie Sugar Daddy, OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, Essie A-List. Repeat...). I'd like to keep wearing dark nails throughout the spring but I want to add a pop of color for fun. Sure, it's over $20, but I always thought that nail polish is something to invest in. A quality one will last long, won't chip or fade or get dull, and the bottle lasts a really long time. And when it comes to unique colors like this, it's hard to find one that's totally identical.

So what do you think of Vendetta? Which nail polish shades you're currently loving? I'm stuck in a nail rut =)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment