Friday, February 27, 2009

lip stains - the way to go


I have finally realized why I have 100+ lip glosses and dozens of lipsticks. It's because I keep trying them, waiting to find THE perfect one, only to be disappointed in one way or another.


Case in point: most lipsticks taste funny to me. They also don't last very long, and the ones that claim to last forever make my lips dry and gross. Then there are lip glosses, which I love the concept of because they are pretty and glossy and girly. However, when you're walking around NYC on a windy winter day and you have long hair, well, you know how that ends up. I also don't love how sticky they are. And the non-sticky ones never last longer than 10 minutes. Lip balms are pretty close to perfect, in my opinion, only if they are tinted. An untinted lip balm is useless to me, unless I'm going to bed.


Enter lipstains. Most on the market look like markers and have a felt-tip, which makes them portable and easy to use and if the color is light enough, you can probably get away with not looking in a mirror to apply. I'm obsessed with them for their staying power and because they aren't creamy like lipsticks, the color actually sinks into your lips and lets their natural texture show, making it look like I was naturally born with berry stained lips. My dream!

Which ones do I love? This one, by Cover Girl, and another one I found in Target by the brand Pixi. My favorite Cover Girl one is a shade called Sassy Mauve, and it turns my lips the prettiest shade of berry pink. Pixi makes a nude peach called Purity - another favorite of mine.
A lot of people claim lip stains dry out quickly, but that's only if you leave the product uncapped for a long time. Mine has lasted over a month and it's still going strong.

Yay for lip stains!


No comments:

Post a Comment