Thursday, February 19, 2009

one of the best beauty inventions ever


There's nothing glamorous about dry shampoo, really. It's not glossy. It's not pretty. The packaging isn't cute. It is not something you whip out and watch people's eyes widen and ask "Where did you get that? I must have that!" But in defense of dry shampoo, it is probably the most practical thing a girl could own.
More than anything, I hate washing my hair (twice a week is really all I can manage). Well, the washing part is great. There's nothing like a head of squeaky clean hair. But washing always leads to the intense physical labor of...blow-drying. Since I'm a perfectionist with my hair I blow dry in sections from back to front and make sure every one is smooth and dry before proceeding. Then I roll each section up in a velcro roller for volume at the root. What a ridiculous chore.
But I digress... dry shampoo is genius because it makes my hair look really clean in 10 seconds. It soaks up all the oil at my roots and gives it volume and makes it smell good. I love that I can make my blow-outs last for days with the help of this magic spray.
To use it, I spray it 5 inches from my roots, fluff with my fingers, and I'm good to go. My current favorite is this one by Ojon (at Sephora for $24) but when I'm dead broke, Pssssst! at the drugstore works well, too.
I'm curious if anyone else out there swears by dry shampoo...anyone? anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment