Tuesday, February 17, 2009

pretty in peach



In my mind, Fashion Week should really be called Makeup and Hair Week because that's all I pay attention to when I see runway photos. I'll be posting my favorite looks this week and the first comes from the Carolina Herrera Fall 2009 show yesterday morning. Not a huge fan of the pulled-back hair but her gorgeous dewy, peachy-rose face and lips certainly make up for it. I love this look because it's wearable - it's light enough for daytime but also striking and elegant for a night out.


MAC created the look here (that's not surprising - they always do some of my favorite looks at Fash Week) and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the lipstick on the model here is Twig, a shade that I wore in high school and college! You'll be happy to know that Twig, a creamy rosy brown shade, looks good on everyone and is buildable, so you can wear one light coat for a hint of color or layer it for a more dramatic look like this one.
AND....Don't you also just LOVE the glowiness to her cheeks? For a similar look, I'd use a dab of Benefit High Beam (a beautiful pearly pink luminizer) on my cheekbones and Smashbox Blush Rush blush in Paradise (the perfect pinky peach that I like better than NARS Orgasm...that's like blasphemy in beauty editor circles) on my apples and blend upward.
Gorgeous!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment