Thursday, March 5, 2009

your suntanned skin will like this


I've had more than my fair share of suburns in my life - and I'm not proud of it. Lately (as in the past two years) I've been smartening up about my skin and slathering on my trusty SPF 30 when I'm at the beach so that I don't burn. Sometimes, I still do get a little red because I tend to forget to reapply my sunblock after sitting in the sun for a few hours and swimming. It's a bad habit, but I have come a LONG way from wanting to burn on purpose with hopes it'll turn tan in a few days (which, by the way, never happened. I'd peel and be white again in a week).


My friend Laura, fresh from Miami and probably tan as ever, emailed me today raving about this fantastic after-sun lotion that moisturizes and soothes the skin and gets rid of redness. She mentioned having to "buy 10 bottles of this stuff" so it's gotta be good. It's by Dr. Hauschka and it's called After-Sun Lotion. I'm a big fan of Dr. H products so I'm excited to try this - but I'm a little upset because I learned from their website that the brand's sun care products are no longer sold in the United States. Bummer! I'll probably end up buying a bottle from their UK site, which is http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/.



No comments:

Post a Comment