Wednesday, March 11, 2009

foundation shopping

I'm in the new market for a foundation. I secretly DREAD shopping for one and I kind of put it on the same level of annoyingness as buying a perfect pair of jeans. You try on a million different ones and if you're lucky, you find one you like. In fact, I've been putting it off for so long that I haven't worn any in months (foundation, that is. not jeans). Sure, it's shaved 5 minutes off my routine, but my skin is not looking so great (blotchiness and uneven skintone is my issue).

Instead of wasting hours at Sephora trying different foundations on, or randomly buying one at the drugstore that turns out to be utterly horrendous, I've turned to one of my favorite websites for product reviews: totalbeauty.com (check it out, it's addicting). I put a lot of faith into websites that review products because the reviews are coming from real people who have actually tried the product. Their readers voted these 5 foundations the absolute best:

5. Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation SPF 15
4. Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Restorative Cream Foundation
3. Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Powder
2. Jane Iredale PurePressed Base
1. gloMinerals gloPressed Base

Well, no surprise there - mineral foundations top the list. I'm a little wary of mineral foundations since I don't love Bare Minerals, and they're like, the Holy Grail of mineral makeup. The stuff made my skin look great (airbrushed, smooth, glowing perfection) but after a while it started to itch and cause breakouts. Not only does my foundation have to make my skin look pretty, but it has to feel good while I'm wearing it. Ideally, it would feel like nothing at all.

I'll probably give the gloMinerals gloPressed Base a try but I'm hoping and praying that someone will post their favorite - I'm open to any and all suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment