Tuesday, March 10, 2009

get low


Ponytails. I'm not a big fan of them, unless I'm off to the gym. They make my ears look big, and my little hairline frizzies really stick out, so I generally wear my hair down. Sure, I like to play around with texture (sometimes it's straight, sometimes wavy), but even that gets old sometimes.

My favorite new hairstyle was created unintentionally. I had my hair in a high pony after I came out of the shower at the gym, then wanted to take it down while I put on my makeup. I haphazardly made a low loose ponytail down by the nape of my neck - but off to the side - and when I was finished, a few little tendrils had randomly fallen out of the sides. I thought it was kind of cute, so I left it that way the entire day (plus, it was raining - a perfect excuse to test a new updo). I finished with my trusty Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray.

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera on-hand to take a picture of my masterpiece, but here is some celeb inspiration for the low side pony. I think its much more glamorous and different than a regular ponytail, and it's flattering to any hair texture and face shape.

I'd actually do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment