Friday, March 13, 2009

the most perfect gloss

They say no one is perfect, but I don't think that holds true for makeup. Case in point: the most perfect mascara is Dior DiorShow, in my opinion. There's just nothing wrong with it.

My beauty revelation of the week is....drumroll, please... finding the perfect lipgloss. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow is the most amazing thing to grace my lips in years, and god knows I've tried a million, including MAC, Smashbox, NARS, Lancome, Bare Escentuals, Laura Mercier, Fresh, Lorac, Dior, Calvin Klein, Make Up For Ever, Clinique, Givenchy, Benefit, and more. Some were good, but nothing really wowed me.

This Revlon gloss is silky, moisturizing, long-lasting, and has SPF 15, which is definitely a plus in my book, since a gloss with sun protection is hard to come by. The color is a sheer rosy pink with teeny tiny pink flecks of shimmer that make lips look plump and juicy. I would imagine this would look good on any skintone, and it's as equally perfect for the daytime as it is at nighttime. It looks phenomenal on a bare face or with a smoky eye. Versatility is a wonderful thing!

Of course, another thing to love about this gloss is that you don't have to fight crowds at Sephora or spend $30 at a department store to get it.

Note to my dearest cherry Chapstick: I'm not dumping you. I'm simply finding a more colorful and sophisticated lip product for the daytime. You'll always be my trusty gym and bedtime companion...

No comments:

Post a Comment