Friday, March 13, 2009

what's your number?

As of today, mine is 16. That's how many bottles I have in my shower.

I have some serious hoarding issues when it comes to beauty supplies. My kitchen cabinets are stocked with lotion, fragrance, shampoo, and conditioner. My kitchen drawers are reserved for travel-sized items and minis. My bathroom cabinets are a plethora of self-tanners, lotions, and scrubs. My shower shelf looks like the hair and body wash aisles at CVS threw up in my bathroom. What can I say? I like variety and I get bored - most people have a rotation of, say, two shampoos. I have a rotation of 10.

In the next few weeks, as I approach spring cleaning duties, I'll be forced to ask myself "what do I really need here?" The answer is not everything. One human being can not consume all the cosmetics that I own (safely, at least - these products expire!).

I'm thinking of becoming a minimalist. One bottle of shampoo, one bottle of conditioner, one bar of soap. Think I can do it? I might need inspiration here - what's in your shower?

(P.S. If you think my shower sounds scary, you don't even want to see my train cases. Yup, I have several. Quite scary...)

No comments:

Post a Comment