Thursday, March 26, 2009

major salon news

Ladies and gents, I am so thrilled to tell everyone about Recessionista Tuesdays at the Ted Gibson salon, which I love more than anything in the whole wide world! This salon boasts some of most brilliant hair stylists and colorists I've EVER come across but unfortunately most of the population has a hard time affording their services. I think Ted charges something like $800 for a cut (and for good reason - he has styled Angelina Jolie and Anne Hathaway).

Now, for the news: Every Tuesday at the Ted Gibson salon, you can get a cut OR single-process hair color for only $75, and a blow-out for $40. People, that's crazy cheap. It's refreshing that a celebrity hairstylist realizes that not everyone has a celebrity budget, especially in this disaster of an economy.

Ted and his team are fantastic at what they do. They're all so kind and welcoming and friendly; I'm not one to have convos with my colorists, but everyone is just so darn easy to talk to. Jason Backe, the head colorist at the salon, is a haircolor genius and once took my hair from a dark flat brown to medium auburn. When I accidentally dyed my hair dark purple (or as my very artistic bf called it, "eggplant"), he miraculously brought it back to a normal brown shade found in nature. I've also watched in awe as he created beautiful highlights and lowlights on other customers.

This is definitely something to check out - just make sure you schedule your appointment for a Tuesday!

Ted Gibson Salon
184 5th Avenue, between 22nd and 23rd Streets
2nd Floor

No comments:

Post a Comment