Thursday, April 16, 2009

balms away

Lip balm - two words that instantly put a smile on my face. It's more moisturizing than most glosses, and feels better than lipstick. It's also kissing-friendly, which is a plus in my book.

I'll admit that while I do have cherry Chapstick falling out of every purse and jacket pocket that I own, there are a few others that make my lips really, REALLY happy. Here, I present to you Jill's favorite balms of all time:

1. La Mer The Lip Balm - I have a hard time accepting the price of this stuff ($45) but, ladies, let's put this in perspective. This balm works miracles, and you actually use it less during the day because it prevents future dryness and damage as it moisturizes your pout. It's very luxurious, and I love the sleek little tin it comes in. Mine lasted an incredible 4 months, and you all know that I'm a balmaholic. Impressive.

2. Too Faced Love Lisa Luxury Lip Balm SPF 15- It's official - this is the CUTEST item to enter my makeup stash in years. Obviously, I love that this stuff has SPF 15 because as you all (should) know, one of the most common places for Mr. Melanoma to pop up is the lips. And with almond oil and apricot kernel oil, it tastes delish.

3. Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm - I'll be honest here, I don't love the original Rosebud Salve, even though it's a cult favorite, celebs use it, yada yada yada. This strawberry balm, however, is much better suited for lips, since it's ultra-moisturizing and tastes so sweet. It also leaves a subtle pink sheen on your lips.

4. Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry Tinted Lip Care - Ok, I like to call this my balmstick because with it's bright pinkish-red color, it borders on being a lipstick. When I use it, I swipe it on from the tube then pat some off with my fingers to get the prettiest stain. I've gotten quite a few compliments on this lately, so it's gotta be a winner.

Happy balm shopping!

1 comment: