Thursday, April 16, 2009

this eye trick will change your life

So, I remember the very first time I lined the inner rims of my lower lash lines with black eyeliner. What I remember even more is how I looked in a picture of me with this new application technique. My eyes looked about half their size and even closer together than they are naturally. Not a good look for me.

Fast forward 8 years and I now know the trick to making eyes look amazing - and, surprise, surprise, it is NOT dark eyeliner underneath my eyes.

No matter what your eye color is, light beige shimmery eyeliner works wonders when applied near your lower lash lines. You'll look rested and your eyes will pop right off your face (in a good way). Now, you've probably heard to try white, but I find that beige gives a less shocking effect. Need a liner rec? Of course you do - when was the last time you saw a light beige eyeliner? Shiseido Eyeliner Pencil Duo in Desert Dusk is THE perfect one. One side is a rich, golden brown and the other is a pale, shimmery beige. I typically use the brown on my upper lashlines and the beige on my lower, but for a more intense effect at night I'll apply the brown on the bottom as well and then draw over it with the beige. While I'm at it, I also use the lighter liner to draw a sideways V near my tear ducts.

You're very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment