Monday, April 13, 2009

brazilian beauties


There's no doubt that when it comes to beauty, Brazilians are clearly doing something right. Whether they're all genetically blessed or simply using the right beauty products, I'll never know. Combination of both, perhaps.

Anyway, Victoria's Secret - a.k.a. the brand of the crazy gorgeous Brazilian supermodels - now has a new, limited edition makeup, hair care, and body care collection called Beauty of Brazil. I was intrigued by these tropical-inspired beauty products - would they make me more
Brazilianized? There was only one way to find out. I stocked up on a couple new things this weekend and fell in love with these two winners: Bare Bronze Beach Hair Texturizing Spray and Bare Bronze Sand + Surf Body Polish.

You all know about my new obsession with salt sprays that texturize hair. Beach Hair is the best I've tried, probably because of the sweet, creamy, Brazil nut scent and its ability to transform my polished curling iron curls into tousled, wind-blown, straight-from-the-VS-catalog loose waves.

Then we have Sand + Surf. Again, that delicious scent of Brazil nut filled my steamy bathroom as I applied this in my shower. The scrub has very fine grains of sand to slough away dry skin (perfect pre-self tanner). It also has acai extract, and unless you've been hiding under a rock, you've heard about acai's antioxidant properties. I don't know exactly what the acai did for me right away, but I do know that my arms and legs felt as smooth and soft as a baby's butt afterwards.

The line as a whole succeeds in giving off that sultry, tropical, Brazilian vibe and is perfect for summer. Even though it's barely 55 degrees here in NYC, I look and feel like I'm ready for the beach.



1 comment:

  1. I'm really interested in the Beach Hair Texturizing Spray from bare bronze...but i have straight hair, how would you recommend using it?

    ReplyDelete