Thursday, April 16, 2009

my hair dryer, dead and gone

Major drama about an hour ago. Just as I started drying the right side of my fro hair, my hair dryer started smoking. SMOKING and making CRACKLY noises. Do you know how scary that is?

I shouldn't be in shock; the thing just celebrated its second birthday not too long ago, and that's, like 10 in hair dryer years. I don't think it died from abuse (I treated that darn thing like GOLD - I only dropped it around three times) - it was probably more like old age. Poor thing.

After I realized how lucky I was that it didn't burst into flames, I had another crisis on my hands (or should I say on my head): my half-dried hair. It was only a matter of minutes before it would start acting up, so I had to think fast. I remember packing away a spare dryer somewhere in my apartment and had to track it down (ladies, there will come a day where your current dryer kicks the bucket and you'll need another. Avoid catastrophe and GET ONE PLEASE.) After minutes of looking, I found it behind some Cheerios boxes in my kitchen cabinet. I didn't know it then, but I had found my savior: The Hot Tools Tourmaline Tools Ionic Hair Dryer. 

I plugged the sucker in and proceeded to style. Four words: I AM IN LOVE. It's everything a dryer should be: lightweight, semi-quiet, dries fast, controls frizz, numerous temp settings. My hair looks great and I want this thing to last forever.

I'll miss my old, dead dryer but seriously, something amazing came out of this situation. If you want to get your hands on the same Hot Tools dryer (pictured here), try beautydeals.net. It's on sale for $65 now and I haven't seen it anywhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment