Thursday, April 23, 2009

the best of drugstore beauty

As much as I love Sephora and the makeup counters at Bloomies and Saks, my wallet does not. I've also been finding it more and more convenient and budget-friendly to just pop into CVS or Duane Reade to get what I need and get the heck out.

But aside from all of that, there are some DS products that are really freakin' GOOD. They WORK. There are products that continue to wow me, even though I'm constantly trying/testing the more expensive "luxury" stuff. And if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me, "what's the best drugstore ______", I'd probably be writing this from a $10 million apartment in Tribeca.

That said, I've decided to do a Best of Drugstore Beauty compilation in several installments:

1. HAIR CARE
2. MAKEUP
3. SKIN CARE
4. BODY
5. MISC. (tools, nail care, etc.)

Each day, I'll be writing about the best of the best in each category. Keep in mind that not all products are brand spankin' new - sometimes, the oldies really are the goodies. If you're wondering who the panel of judges are, well, it's just me. I've tried almost every single product on these shelves at some point in my 25 years, and have also incorporated suggestions from makeup artists, hair stylists, and other beauty gurus.

Enjoy! Let me know in the comments section if there's a DS product that YOU swear by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment