Thursday, April 30, 2009

heidi's hair


I'm not Heidi Montag's biggest fan, but I have to admit - her wedding waves were absolutely BEAUTIFUL. She reminded me a little of Barbie and, not that I ever aspire to LOOK like Barbie, I was dying to have hair like this.

I thought about how to actually achieve these waves, and after many attempts at curling my hair with my usual 1'' curling iron, I realized I needed something different. The 1'' iron works like a charm for getting waves of the Kate Hudson, Ashley Olsen variety, but for Heidi waves, I had to break out the monster. The monster is this massive, 2'' barrel curling iron that I've kept hidden in my closet for about a year because I never really needed to use it. Now was the time.
I plugged in the monster and proceeded curl the middle to ends of my hair. A little trick for the most face-flattering waves: always wrap your hair around the iron in the direction AWAY from your face (see the front pieces of Heidi's hair - very Farrah Fawcett-y, but in a 2009 sort of way). Another thing about the monster is that it tends to work best on long hair. Because the barrel is so big, you may have trouble wrapping your hair all the way around it if your hair is shoulder-length or shorter.
You can buy your very own monster at Folica.com. Here's mine: http://www.folica.com/Hot_Tools_Profe_d1012.html
Don't forget to finish with a light-hold hairspray. Anything stronger will leave you looking like a beauty pageant queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment