Sunday, April 19, 2009

how to use texturizing sprays

I've posted quite a bit about hair texturizing sprays lately, and it seems like a few of you are interested in trying it. Well, you'd be crazy not to - hot hair in 3 minutes and I'd be sold, too. 

The glory of these sprays is that you can use them on wet or dry hair. However, I like to use them on dry, second or third day hair (a.k.a. hair that hasn't been washed in that long) because when I use the sprays, I really do have to wash my hair the very next day. If you plan on using it on wet hair, be prepared to have to wash your hair again 24 hours later.

I first use a 1 1/2-inch curling iron to create waves around my whole head. Then, I comb out the waves with my fingers and lightly pull each wave to loosen them. Next, I spritz my texturizing spray around my whole head, keeping the bottle around 6 inches from my hair. At first, it may seem like you're wetting your hair and all of your curling efforts are going to waste. Not so - in a minute or two, the spray dries and creates a piece-y, completely unfrizzy look (trust me on this one). No need to comb your hair or add any other product. 

Voila! Sexy hair ...

1 comment: