Thursday, April 23, 2009

orange crush


From the looks of the weekend weather forecast, spring will be in full swing (uh, it's about time), giving me the perfect opportunity to put my pedicured toes on display. 

I'm excited to revisit my favorite summer shade in my collection - Essie Tangerine. It's fun and punchy enough to wear for daytime, and sexy and bright at night with a pair of sexy strappy sandals - ahh, sandals. Anyway, what I love about Tangerine is that it's a deep orange-y coral that miraculously flatters fair skin (hi, that's me right now) and tan skin (me in three months), making it my go-to toenail shade from May through September. I'm also getting quite bored of my current color rotation -  if I had to paint my toes with the same old goth plum or ballerina pink I think they'd detach themselves and stab me. Change is good.

Not a coral kind of girl?  Allow me to suggest another punchy yet not-as-bright Essie shade that I LOVE - Big Spender. Disclaimer: It's not your typical wimpy sheer pink - it's an opaque pink-violet that also works on pale AND dark girls. I wouldn't go near this bottle in the winter, but it's perfection in the warmer weather. 

Time to grab my trusty Ped Egg and lacquer up....

No comments:

Post a Comment