Wednesday, April 8, 2009

a tip on tipping

Happy Wednesday. I wanted to quickly share a fascinating piece of info that I spotted in the May issue of Marie Claire (which is amazing, by the way) from NYC hairstylist Patrick Melville. Did you know that if you're getting you hair cut or colored with the salon owner, you do NOT have to tip him? In the past, I've seen dozens of salon owners for hair services and I've always tipped - VERY generously.

I have to be honest, I would feel a little funny not leaving a tip. Even though it's standard practice and understood among salon owners, I'd just feel like a cheapo. I guess this is something I'll have to get used to.

In case you're wondering, you should still tip the ladies and gents who wash and dry your hair - $5-$10 is plenty, according to the MC article.

No comments:

Post a Comment